Skip to main content

Psalm 143:8

Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;
For I trust in You;
Teach me the way in which I should walk;
For to You I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

What does it say?
The author is asking that the first thing he hear in the day be the goodness, love and grace of God. He asks God to instruct him in the way to live because he has placed his life in God's hands.

What questions do I have about what it says?
O What is God's lovingkindness?
O What does it mean to lift up my soul?

What does the text mean?
The psalmist is imploring God to remind him of the kindness and grace of God first thing in the day that his faith in the Lord might be renewed. He begs God to make his path clear and reaffirms that he has trusted his life and eternal soul to God.

How does the text apply to me?
I am convicted about not always starting my day with God but also struck by the truth that I need Him to prepare me for the day. LORD meet me in the morning that I might recieve strength and focus to embark upon the mission You have called me. Help me to not just pay You lip service but to also abide in You and take steps of faith that lead me in Your way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah 23:23-24

Am I a God who is near," declares the Lord, "And not a God far off? 24 Can a person hide himself in hiding places So that I do not see him?" declares the Lord. "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the Lord. 1. What does it say? Summarize the text in your own words. a. God asserts His omnipresence and omniscience b. God declares there is nowhere that man can hide from Him. 2. What questions do I have about what it says? a. What motivated God to declare His omnipresence and omniscience in this context? b. Is it possible to hide from God? c. Why would a person hide from God? When do they hide from Him? d. What implications does God's omnipresence have for our relationship with Him? 3. What does the text mean? a.  God's declaration of His omnipresence and omniscience is a response to the false prophets who were misleading the people of Judah. These prophets claimed to have special knowledge from God, but their messages were often contradictor