Skip to main content

Psalm 37:5

Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

Psalm 37:5

 

WHAT DOES IT SAY?

The text instructs us to surrender our plans to God trusting that He knows and is capable of accomplishing His will. Not only that He is capable but willing to act on behalf of those who trust Him.

 

WHAT QUESTIONS DO I HAVE ABOUT THE TEXT?

O What does it mean to commit?

O How do we trust God?

 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

To commit is to surrender and be fully invested. This is something done with complete buy in, putting all of our eggs in one basket. Trusting God is synonymous  with obedience. To trust God means to put weight on the promises of His Word and resting on it fully, not with one foot in the water. If we live a surrendered life, trusting God by obeying Him and living according to his purposes and desires we can have confidence that He will establish our path.

 

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

I’m reminded of times in my life where I followed God in half-measures, not fully trusting in Him and expecting God to accomplish what I wanted even though I hadn’t surrendered my plans to Him. I am also reminded of the times I have gone all in with nothing held back and totally dependent on the Lord for the decisions I’ve made, surrendering the outcomes to Him and seeing His faithfulness. I’m challenged to examine where I am at now to see how I’m only following with half measures and the areas of my life that God wants to enlarge my faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah 23:23-24

Am I a God who is near," declares the Lord, "And not a God far off? 24 Can a person hide himself in hiding places So that I do not see him?" declares the Lord. "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the Lord. 1. What does it say? Summarize the text in your own words. a. God asserts His omnipresence and omniscience b. God declares there is nowhere that man can hide from Him. 2. What questions do I have about what it says? a. What motivated God to declare His omnipresence and omniscience in this context? b. Is it possible to hide from God? c. Why would a person hide from God? When do they hide from Him? d. What implications does God's omnipresence have for our relationship with Him? 3. What does the text mean? a.  God's declaration of His omnipresence and omniscience is a response to the false prophets who were misleading the people of Judah. These prophets claimed to have special knowledge from God, but their messages were often contradictor