Skip to main content

Colossians 3:23-25

Colossians 3:23–25 (NASB95): Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men,
 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.
 25 For he who does wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and that without partiality.

What does it say?
Paul instructs is to do everything as if we were doing it for God. He says that we should have an attitude of excellence in our work because He is the one we are accountable to for what we do in life. God is a righteous and impartial judge, so we will reap the consequences of what we do. 

What questions do I have about the text?
O What does working heartily look like? 
O What is the reward of the inheritance? 

What does it mean?
God is the judge of the living and the dead therefore be wary of how you live knowing that what we do in life has eternal consequences and God judges and rewards accordingly. Be excellent in your work and do all things as an act of sacrifice to the Lord. 

How does it apply to me? 
The phrase "as for the Lord rather than men" is a little biting. It reminds me that above all other masters, boss's or lords, Jesus is sovereign over all and He is who I am accountable to for all I do. Even in the simplest or mundane I need to do my best knowing it is something I do for God. Moreover that He is always present so I can't cheat or fool God in the work that I do. He knows when I have given my best. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah 23:23-24

Am I a God who is near," declares the Lord, "And not a God far off? 24 Can a person hide himself in hiding places So that I do not see him?" declares the Lord. "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the Lord. 1. What does it say? Summarize the text in your own words. a. God asserts His omnipresence and omniscience b. God declares there is nowhere that man can hide from Him. 2. What questions do I have about what it says? a. What motivated God to declare His omnipresence and omniscience in this context? b. Is it possible to hide from God? c. Why would a person hide from God? When do they hide from Him? d. What implications does God's omnipresence have for our relationship with Him? 3. What does the text mean? a.  God's declaration of His omnipresence and omniscience is a response to the false prophets who were misleading the people of Judah. These prophets claimed to have special knowledge from God, but their messages were often contradictor