Skip to main content

1 Corinthians 10:31

1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 

WHAT DOES THE TEXT SAY?
o No matter what I do all of it should be done for God's glory. 

WHAT QUESTIONS DO I HAVE ABOUT THE TEXT?
o How does what I do glorify God?
I glorify God by living in a way that represents and honors God. I do everything with excellence knowing that my labor is meant to please God rather than men. 

o What is glory?
Glory is the praise, worship and thanksgiving man gives to God because we affirm the reality of His magnificence, beauty, and great things He has done. 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
o All I say and do should be in honor and gratitude of God.  Glorifying God by how I live shows gratitude to Him by honoring 

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
I am convicted by the fact that as a follower of Christ I represent Him. What I say and do are a reflection both on the sincerity of my beliefs as well as the efficacy of power of the Spirit sanctifying me. This lens makes me re-evaluate how I approach difficult or unwanted tasks. It also reframes how I view interactions with people I don't like. I think that an added filter this scripture adds is the accountability for my time. When I look back at my calendar can I say that the things I participated in brought glory to God. Did I leverage the time and resources God's given me to glorify God?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeremiah 23:23-24

Am I a God who is near," declares the Lord, "And not a God far off? 24 Can a person hide himself in hiding places So that I do not see him?" declares the Lord. "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the Lord. 1. What does it say? Summarize the text in your own words. a. God asserts His omnipresence and omniscience b. God declares there is nowhere that man can hide from Him. 2. What questions do I have about what it says? a. What motivated God to declare His omnipresence and omniscience in this context? b. Is it possible to hide from God? c. Why would a person hide from God? When do they hide from Him? d. What implications does God's omnipresence have for our relationship with Him? 3. What does the text mean? a.  God's declaration of His omnipresence and omniscience is a response to the false prophets who were misleading the people of Judah. These prophets claimed to have special knowledge from God, but their messages were often contradictor